Kloxo is almost outdated now and leaving a lots of bugs open for hackers to hack vps. But i still agree that it was (is) a still nice graphic interface with lots of easy ability for users who are new to VPS world. It is now modded & developed by Mustafa Ramadan.
Some of the benifits of KLOXO-MR version
- Supported OS: Redhat / CentOS 5 and 6 (32bit and 64bit) or their variants
- Billing Software: AWBS, WHMCS, HostBill, TheHostingTool, AccountLab Plus and Blesta (note: claim by billing’s author)
- Web server: Nginx, Nginx-Proxy and Lighttpd-proxy; beside Httpd and Lighttpd (in progress: Varnish, Hiawatha, ATS and Httpd 2.4) *)
- Php: Dual-php with php 5.3/5.4 as primary and php 5.2 as secondary (in progress: multiple-php) *)
- PHP-type for Apache: php-fpm_worker/_event and fcgid_worker/_event; besidemod_php/_ruid2/_itk and suphp/_worker/_event
- Mail server: qmail-toaster instead special qmail (in progress: change from courier-imap to dovecot as imap/pop3) *)
- Database Server: MySQL or MariaDB
- Database Manager: PHPMyAdmin; Adminer, MyWebSql and SqlBuddy as additional **)
- Webmail: Afterlogic Webmail Lite, Telaen, Squirrelmail and Roundcube; Horde and T-Dah dropped
- FTP server: Pure-ftpd
- DNS Server: Bind and Djbdns; ready testing for Powerdns, MaraDNS and NSD *)
- Addons: ClamAV, Spamassassin/Bogofilter/Spamdyke and RKHunter
- Fixed many bugs of Kloxo Official (including security issues)
- And many more!
Here is a simple step by step guide for installation of Kloxo-MR on centos VPS
Some basic requirement before you start installation
- A VPS running centos (any version is fine)
- 256mb RAM
- PUTTY.. you can download from here
1. Open putty and login to your server as “root” ( put server address and click open in putty)
2. Run update command before starting
yum update -y
3. Install necessary packages
yum-utils yum-priorities vim-minimal subversion curl zip unzip -y
telnet wget -y
4. Make sure SELinux is disabled
It should return as SELinux is disabled. If not then only run following command
5. Follow following command in sequence
Then download the repo file using wget:
rpm -ivh mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
yum update mratwork-* -y
https://ip-address:7777 – secure ssl connection, or..
http://ip-address:7778 – normal one.
Default username is admin and password is admin.
Once you login, change the password immediately.