Apple Updates Podcasts App to version 1.2, Now Adds Custom Stations With iCloud Sync And Fixes Playback Resume Bug
Good news for Apple lovers.The podcast app is now updated to new version of 1.2. which brings a long list of improvements to the iOS app.
New Features available now :-
- Users can generate their own custom playlists with any podcasts they choose, with auto-updating of new episodes for each.
- Stations are stored in iCloud and synced across devices, and users can choose to start with either the most recent episode or oldest unplayed one.
- The update also adds on-the-go playlist creation and syncing of playlists back to iTunes, and fixes a problem users were reporting with playback not resuming correctly when jumping back into the app from another or the home screen.
- The interface has also been changed, notably doing away with skeuomorphic elements in favor of something cleaner and more in line with the native iTunes music player.
- New Stations feature actually adds a lot of value versus the old instantiation where podcasts were simply rolled in as part of the Music app on iOS.